Sunday, February 5, 2012

Joshua

My family is full of creative people. One of those people who inspires me the most is my older brother Josh. He has been playing guitar for as long as I can remember, and has always been pretty damn good at it. I've always adored the sound of his fingers strumming and his voice carrying through the whole house. For the better half of 2011, he was living in Toronto, trying to make an honest living. Toronto life is not easy though, from what I have seen. In early December I made a spontaneous trip to his place. I stayed overnight on his last weekend there, and helped him move out the next day. When he picked up his guitar and started playing, the room was overflowing with emotion. I could only think of one thing to do - take photos. I figured if it was the last time he would be playing guitar in that apartment, I might want to capture it.

SooC
It was a night well spent. A good heart-to-heart with someone you look up to is a valuable thing. We talked and sang and laughed and had a great time. Listening to him play has always made me feel lucky to call him my brother. If you want to hear some of his stuff, you can listen to and download a few songs here. While you listen to those, here are a few more shots:


SooC












Josh truly is an artist. And not just his music, either, he is also an exceptional cook. After leaving Toronto, he only spent a month at home before embarking on a new adventure. He moved up north for a year after he was offered a cooking job. Currently, he is living in Iqaluit, Nunavut. I wish him the best of luck in his adventures, and I hope Iqaluit treats him well. I love you Josh, and until you come back, I'll miss you.





No comments:

Post a Comment