Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Smoking Tea Cup

This shoot changed a lot from the beginning. Originally I had planned to shoot a tea pot and cup with some nice steam flowing out of both. Unfortunately, the steam was not visible enough for my camera to pick up. Solution? Light a cone of incense and make a smoking tea rather than a steaming tea. Then, after much time spent being indecisive and re-arranging my set up, I finally finished off with a smoking tea cup rather than the whole pot. I thought it might make an interesting wallpaper or something. I hope you enjoy it, and be sure to hit the jump button for an extra treat.


After getting my final composition and lighting set up, I started playing around with the background colours. Thanks to the use of my Strobist Roscoe gels, I was able to get several different colours and numerous exposures with each by the time the cone burned out. I decided to try making an animated GIF showing one of the best exposures with each colour, and it worked!


No comments:

Post a Comment